Prep Time: 40 minutes | Cooking Time: 3 hours | Yield: ±8 portions (depending on size of the belly)
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Sharp Knife
- 1 Measuring Jug
- 1 Large Roasting Tray
- 1 Sauce Pot
- 1 Silicone Spatula
Ingredients for the Pork Belly:
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped into 3cm rounds
- 2 White Onions, sliced
- 4 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 4 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2L Full Cream Milk
- 1L Pork, Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Pork Belly (usually about 2-3kg), skin on
- Fine Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 30g Salted Butter
- 250ml Full Cream
- 10ml Soya Sauce (full sodium or less sodium)
- 15ml Honey
- Fine Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 200ºC
- Pat dry the Pork Belly with paper towel, season the skin of the belly with fine salt to ensure a crispy crackling
- Place chopped carrots and sliced onions into a large roasting dish along with the fresh rosemary and thyme and seasoning.
- Pour in the 2L full cream milk to cover the belly meat only, do not cover the skin. If you don’t need the full 2L that is alright.
- Place the belly into the 200ºC oven, uncovered for 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours is done, turn the oven temperature down to 150ºC for a further 1 hour cooking time, pouring in your preferred stock (again, if you don’t need the full 1L that is alright). Roast until golden brown and desired crackling hardness is reached.
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pot and simmer on a low heat till desired consistency is achieved.
- Check seasoning as it reduces and has a gravy consistency.
Cut the pork belly into ±8 pieces. Use one portion and serve with Roasted Root Vegetables of choice, Paprika infused Mashed Potatoes and the delicious Sauce on top or on the side.