Home » News »
Spring Recipe – Fordoun Salade Niçoise
Posted on: September 26, 2023, in News
“There is no love sincerer than the love of food”-George Bernard Shaw
A classic French salad that consists of the following, sweet cherry tomato, crunchy green beans, black olives, roasted baby potato, anchovy fillets, a hardboiled egg, and tuna chunks all on a bed of crisp lettuce drizzled with mustard vinaigrette. The Niçoise salad is basically a display of your ingredients on a bed of cos lettuce, so rather than mix it all up the ingredients must be displayed individually.
- Cos lettuce (80grs)
- Pitted black olives (15grs)
- Green beans (15grs)
- Baby potatoes (20grs)
- Cherry tomatoes (20grs)
- Tuna chunks-1/2 a tin
- Boiled Egg (1 hardboiled egg)
- Capers (5grs)
- Wash and season your lettuce
- Boil egg- hard (6-7 minutes)
- Blanch green beans for 20 seconds on a very high heat with seasoned water-immediately place in an ice bath (loads of ice and water)-This helps to stop the cooking process and bring the color and life back into the beans.
- Pit your olives –if not pitted.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, I prefer in half as opposed to length way as I feel that it is more appealing visually.
- Open the tin of tuna and put chunks aside.
- Slice your baby potatoes, season well and cook in the oven on 175 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Place your lettuce in bowl and arrange your ingredients individually on the lettuce, season well and drizzle or serve the dressing separately.
For the dressing:
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 anchovy fillet (optional)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil from the tuna can (topped up, if needed)
Place all ingredients into a mixing jug and blend till all ingredients combine.
back to blog