Home » News » Fordoun for the fit ….
Fordoun for the fit ….
Posted on: March 8, 2017, in News
Fordoun for the fitness fanatics … get your sweat on
Do not worry that you will have too much down time at Fordoun Hotel and Spa. There is plenty on offer to keep your heart pumping, if that is your wish. You could start the day with a trail run along the tracks through the farmlands over the dam wall and past the Crane Foundation. The trails through Fordoun Farm are open to mountain biking, running or simply to walk and breathe in the country air. You might be lucky and spot a crane or two or even walk through their Hereford herd, really getting into country life.
Fordoun continues to strive towards a symbiotic relationship with the community of Nottingham Road and the farm certainly highlights this. Claire’s spinning classes are a big favorite amongst the locals, to the extent that bikes are booked in advance. The village green is host to many local sporting matches, the local school Clifton Nottingham Road played the inaugural match here. Weekly sport coaching are also held on the green, offering the locals a chance to share the amazing venue. Locals are encouraged to use the farm trails at no cost although this is to change in the future with a small fee charged that is to be donated directly to the local conservancy allowing the everyone to also enjoy the tranquil beauty of Fordoun farm.
There is a lot happening at the farm this month, the highlight being the talk by internationally renown photographer Daniel Dolpire talking about the Cranes of South Africa. This is on 22nd March at 6:00 for 6:30 at the conference venue.
At the spa, Fordoun are running their book club special. So why not take a mid week get away with the girls and get pampered. The Skye Bistro is also hosting their popular burger evening on 25th March. You had better come hungry !
Rugby tots – locals using the village green for coaching
Direction sign to Village
Venue from the Farm veggie garden
Join us for a Gourmet Burger on the 25th of March at Fordoun From 12h00 till 21h00
* Karan Beef Pattie, Black Mushroom, Blue Cheese and Peppercorn Sauce
* Grilled Gammon, Pineapple, Feta and Red-wine Onion Compote
* Cajun Blackened Chicken Breast with Cabbage Relish and Gherkins
* Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Pattie with Chakalaka
* Smoked Trout, Potato Salad and Rocket
All Served with French Fries and Onion Rings
Bookings essential – 033 266 6217
Come hungry !!!
Book Club Special
• One night midweek accommodation including breakfast
• 3 Course dinner including a Master chef demonstration by Fordoun Chef *
• A light lunch
• Deep Tissue back neck and shoulder massage
• Mini facial
• Rasul (clay and steam experience)
Midweek Rate (Sunday – Thursday)
R 4 460.00
Terms and Conditions
• Bookings are subject to availability
• Bookings are MIDWEEK only (Sunday to Thursday)
• *Groups of 8 guests or more are require for the master chef demonstration
• Rates are based on luxury room type – upgrade fees are applicable – R200.00 per person to a deluxe dam facing room and R350.00 per person to a Superior Mountain view room.
• Validity – 06 March – 31st July 2017
back to blog